Monday, April 27, 2009

While You are in Meeting

1. To interrupt in a polite way, you say:
"Excuse me for interrupting"

2. To express your opinion in a meeting, you say:
"In my opinion…"

3. To get clarification on something you don't understand, you say:
"I don't see what you mean. Could you explain in more detail, please?"

4. Someone has misunderstood what you said. To correct the information in a professional way, you say:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I said."

5. You didn't quite catch what someone said. To ask them to repeat themselves, you say:
"I missed that. Could you say it again, please?"

6. You need to step out of the meeting for a few minutes. What do you do?
Raise your hand and excuse yourself

7. You completely disagree with what someone has just said. How do you tell them in professional manner?
"Unfortunately, I see it differently."

8. You notice that the meeting is running behind. You want to keep everyone on track. What do you do?

Politely say: "Sorry to interrupt, but I think we're running out of time".

9. Someone asks you a question that you don't know the answer to. What do you say?
"Let me double-check and I will get back to you as soon as possible."

10. When you want to shift the meeting to a new topic, what do you say?
"Now that we discussed X, let's move onto…"

No comments:

Post a Comment